Fire Pit Shelters for Schools & Outdoor Education
Peak Playgrounds fire pit shelter and outdoor classroom can be used as both a forest school shelter and outdoor learning area. They make great teaching areas and can also be used all year round as a shelter from the sun and rain.
The apex roof has been designed with a decorative opening in the centre so a fire pit can be built in the middle. The underside of the roof is coated with flame retardant material for safety. Children can either roast marshmallows or just use it for warmth!
We can fit your fire pit shelter with half clad panels, internal or external benches. Roll-down canvas doors and windows can also be installed for use all year round. We recommend that roll-down canvases are kept open when a fire is lit and that children are supervised at all times.
- Manufactured from FSC certified grade 4 tanalised timber
- Available with flame retardant canvas roof or wooden roof panels with shingle tiles in a range of colours
- Apex roof with permanently open ventilation to allow smoke to ventilate while the fire is lit. The roof is specially shaped to prevent rain from entering the shelter.
- Available in 3 sizes – 3m, 4m and 5m
- Ideal for use in a forest setting of school nature garden
- Flame retardant varnish is applied to the underside of the roof, legs and other supports
- Free delivery on orders over £3000 subject to terms.
Made in the UK
All of our products are manufactured at our workshops in Chesterfield by skilled local craftsmen. We use FSC certified Grade 4 Tanalised Timber allowing us to offer a 10 year guarantee against wood rot and a 1 year guarantee on workmanship.
Every product is pre-assembled and inspected before it leaves the workshop ensuring a smooth installation process on site. We are proud to say that our installers are all in-house employees, we even deliver and install overseas!